- Representing and advising the Motor Insurers’ Bureau of Singapore as panel solicitor in personal injury claims and court proceedings.
- Representing the work injury compensation insurers of a project joint venture company whose employee had succumbed to a heart attack. The matter was settled out of Court.
- Acting for the Indonesian subsidiary of a German MNC and advising on Indonesian manpower laws and regulations in the dismissal of a senior employee for misconduct and embezzlement.
- Advising a Hong Kong government agency on the renewal of its commercial lease in Singapore.
- Acting for a Singapore company in the F&B line of business in its investment into Indonesia via a joint-venture structure to own and operate several restaurants in Bali and Jakarta.
- Acting for an established Singapore medical clinic group in its investment into Indonesia via a joint-venture structure.
- Acting as Singapore legal advisor to the Sponsor in relation to Singapore law for the listing of ZACD Group Limited on the GEM of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, and reviewing and commenting on the legal due diligence report prepared by ZACD Group Limited’s legal counsel in respect of its businesses in Singapore, namely fund management, property management, project management and real estate agency.
- Acting for LHN Limited in conducting legal due diligence on its Indonesian subsidiaries whose businesses include property investment and development and logistics operations, for the purposes of dual listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Legal due diligence work included, amongst others, business license verification, reviewing the Indonesian entities’ commercial contracts, and verification of assets claimed to be owned by the Indonesian entities.
Mark is based in Kennedys’ Singapore office, and was admitted to the Singapore Bar in 2017.
Mark began his legal practice in cross-border corporate and commercial work, with a focus on foreign investment into Indonesia. He subsequently served as in-house counsel at the Asia Regional Head Office of the Rakuten Group.
At Kennedys, Mark’s practice comprises insurance defence and insurance coverage litigation, and he has represented several of Singapore and Malaysia’s largest insurers in disputes relating to personal injury, industrial and road traffic accidents, work injury compensation, general claims and in recovery proceedings.
Mark is versed in English, Mandarin and Japanese, and has developed a working usage of Bahasa Indonesia through the course of his work.