James has been involved in a number of notable matters prior to joining Kennedys Legal Solutions. Examples of his prior experience includes:
- Advising local and overseas insurers subscribing to a Contract Works and Material Damage Policy on several claims arising from the design and construction of a motorway scheme.
- Advising Contract Works insurers on various LNG coverage issues including alleged fatigue damage to LNG pipelines and paint defects. Considering in particular damage v defect debate and application of LEG exclusions.
- Advising overseas insurers on policy coverage issues arising from the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact of various government responses to arrest the spread of COVID-19.
- Acting for an insurer and its insured in a successful multi-million dollar recovery against a recycling plant for damage caused to the insured’s warehouse by a fire originating from the recycling plant.
- Acting for an insurer and its insured in a successful multi-million dollar recovery for damage caused to a high-end residential apartment complex in Queensland caused by dust from a neighbouring excavation settling on the insured.