Dharini has been involved in a number of notable matters prior to joining Kennedys Legal Solutions. Examples of Dharini's prior experience includes:
- Acted for a Fortune 500 oil major in a Singapore High Court trial and subsequent appeal to the Court of Appeal, involving misdelivery claims following the insolvency of O.W. Bunker A/S and its subsidiaries. The Singapore Court of Appeal considered the relevance of the underlying sale contracts when construing the effect of a bill of lading. The decision of the Court of Appeal is reported as The "Luna"  2 SLR 1054.
- Advising the judicial managers / liquidators of Hin Leong Trading (Pte.) Ltd. in one of Asia’s biggest restructuring / insolvencies with liabilities exceeding USD 3.5 billion with a particular focus on trade finance, sale of goods, shipping, bankers’ security in trade financing deals, and rights of warehousemen.
- Advising judicial managers / liquidators on of Agritrade International Pte. Ltd. transactions relating to shipping and trade of goods (palm oil, coal).
- Advising and acting for a commodity supplier in claims for breach of fiduciary duties, dishonest assistance, fraud and conspiracy against its former employee, including obtaining pre-judgment and post-judgment freezing injunctions. Reported decisions: Sumifru Singapore Pte Ltd v Felix Santos Ishizuka and Ors  4 SLR 904 (on variation of freezing injunction to police compliance); Sumifru Singapore Pte Ltd v Felix Santos Ishizuka and Ors  SGHC 14 (on fiduciary duties owed by the employee).
- Acting for ship agents in a Singapore High Court trial involving switch bills of lading and allegations of conspiracy, malicious falsehood and negligence.