- Managed a £2 million claim involving a child thrown from his bicycle leaving him with brain injury. Judgment was found for the defendant at trial.
- Managed the £5 million lead case of Roe v Sheffield City Council and six others relating to motor accidents on the Sheffield tram network.
- Managed a £800,000 flooding claim made against a highway authority for damage to property. The claim was discontinued and the defendant’s costs paid.
- Defended a claim made against a charitable trust in which nine experts were instructed by the claimant.
- Managed a claim for homophobic abuse in a school. The claimant alleged that she was no longer able to work due to the stress caused. A five day trial concluded with the claim being dismissed against the education authority.
Angela is a Senior Associate in Kennedys’ Sheffield office. She qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in 2004 and as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2009, whilst working in-house for Sheffield City Council, moving into the private sector eight years ago. Angela has also obtained a master’s degree in business administration from Sheffield Business School.
Angela has over 30 years’ experience of dealing with personal injury claims representing insurers and local authorities. She manages a caseload of public and employers’ liability matters, motor claims, large loss and highway matters, including design and contract issues. Angela also specialises in large loss through flooding.
Angela has extensive experience of working with local authorities from her in-house days and also her current position as nominated solicitor for Wakefield Metropolitan District Council in a wide range of capacities often providing advice on working practices and health and safety matters.
Angela also deals with a broad spectrum of motor cases including bus, coach and long vehicle claims including light rail transport. She has particular experience of dealing with low velocity impact claims, which she regularly takes successfully to trial. She has also dealt with motor claims involving multiple claimants and defendants and regularly deals with cases where despite liability being admitted, causation is in issue.
She is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2009
- Qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in 2004