- Prevailed on summary judgment in first-party insurance suit arising from multi-million dollar jewelry theft perpetrated by elaborate fraud.
- Favorable, unanimous jury verdict at trial having successfully secured the “reckless standard” for municipal motor vehicle accident.
- Negotiated settlements between art collectors and major art exhibitors regarding damaged pieces of work while on loan.
- Victorious on pre-answer motions to dismiss on federal first- and third-party claims for coverage arising from radioactive material contamination at collateral real property and defending international shipping company against allegation of diamond theft.
- Multiple bench trial verdicts on behalf of major municipality on claims of false arrest.
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Fordham University School of Law, JD (cum laude), 2013
- Emory University, BA, 2009
Nick is an associate in the New York office and has been a civil defense attorney since 2013. He has handled and advised clients on insurance coverage matters concerning damaged or stolen art, jewelry and specie, construction and environmental claims, intentional assault and general negligence matters. Nick also has extensive litigation experience on tort and insurance cases from inception to completion including discovery, alternate dispute resolution, motion practice, and has trial experience with successful verdicts in jury and bench trials.
Nick obtained his bachelor’s degree from Emory University in 2009 and graduated cum laude from Fordham Law School in 2013. At Fordham, Nick was a member of the Dispute Resolution Society as ABA Mediations Editor and represented defendants through the Criminal Defense Clinic.