- Named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2022-2023)
- Completion of Michigan State University College of Law’s Trial Practice Certificate Program (2016)
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Michigan State University College of Law, JD, 2016
- Arizona State University, BA in Broadcast Journalism and Communications, 2013
- Arizona State University, BA in Political Science, 2013
Roy Nelson is an associate in the firm’s Miami office, where he dedicates his practice to defending premises liability and commercial litigation claims. Specifically, his focus has been on defending individuals and corporations in cases involving personal injury, wrongful death, negligent security, product liability, and commercial litigation claims.
Roy graduated from Michigan State University College of Law, where he completed the Trial Practice Certificate Program through the Geoffrey Fieger Trial Practice Institute and clerked for the Honorable Rosemarie Aquilina of the Ingham County Circuit Court, as well as worked for the school’s First Amendment Clinic. Roy also completed his undergraduate studies at Arizona State University, where he graduated cum laude from Barrett, The Honors College with bachelor’s degrees in Political Science and Broadcast Journalism.
After law school, Roy began his career as an Assistant State Attorney (“ASA”) with the Miami-Dade County State Attorney’s Office, where he handled domestic violence cases and gained valuable courtroom experience. Prior to joining Kennedys, Roy worked for a national firm where he defended individuals and clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases involving negligent security and premises liability claims.
Roy was also been named to the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in both 2022 and 2023.