- Summary Judgement granted in favor of insurer based on contract language for underinsured motorist coverage
- Motion to Dismiss granted in favor of insurer based on an out of state binding arbitration clause in contract
- Successful trial of a multiple surgery case where the carrier was able to seek fees and costs from the plaintiff after enforcement of a Proposal for Settlement
- Successful trial resulting in a defense verdict for a carrier leading to a fee and cost recovery
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Widener University Commonwealth Law School, Harrisburg, PA, JD, 2013
- Virginia Military Institute, Lexington, VA, BA, 2004
Jason joined Kennedys as an Associate in 2022 and is based out of the Miami office. He focuses his practice on advising clients in complex insurance coverage matters and litigation, including bad faith. Jason represents insurance companies in disputes in both state and federal courts, and has experience conducting depositions (both expert and lay person), and drafting and arguing motions at all stages of litigation. Jason has significant first chair trial experience representing individuals and insurance carriers and is also a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court mediator.
Prior to joining Kennedys, Jason represented one of the largest insurance carriers in the US. Jason worked for the same carrier as a claims examiner handling moderate to severe injuries and coverage disclaimers and denials prior to attending law school. While in law school, Jason was a member of the Moot Court Honors Society as well as the Trial Advocacy Honors Society.