- Acting for international reinsurers on high-profile D&O losses arising from civil and criminal proceedings both in Mexico and abroad.
- Acting for international reinsurers in relation to a large offshore property claim in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Advising international reinsurers and retrocessionaires in relation to the multiple peril programme of a Mexican petroleum company.
- Advising insurers and reinsurers on a growing number of cyber losses in Mexico and the remainder of Latin America.
- Acting for international reinsurers on catastrophe excess of loss claims arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
George is an Associate in the Mexico City office who joined Kennedys in 2022 on relocating from New Zealand to Mexico.
He is a New Zealand qualified solicitor and commenced his legal career with a leading law firm in New Zealand in 2018. He specialises in insurance and reinsurance coverage advice and dispute resolution and has experience in advising in both common law and civil law jurisdictions.
George advises across a wide range of insurance sectors including financial lines (particularly directors & officers and professional indemnity), cyber, energy and property, catastrophic risks and liability.
Given his unique background, his work frequently has an international aspect and he is currently involved in large or complex claims or advising markets in Mexico and the remainder of Latin America, the US, the UK and Europe, Asia and the Caribbean.
George is a member of Young Insurance Professionals Australia and New Zealand. He is a native English speaker and also works in Spanish.