- A Recommended Lawyer for 'Dispute resolution (Australia)'
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
- Best Lawyers 2020, Class Action Litigation
Jane is a partner in the Commercial team based in Melbourne with 21 years’ experience acting for clients including corporate entities, company directors and officers, accountants, and government bodies.
Jane’s practice spans a broad range of commercial disputes and litigation in various courts and tribunals. She has particular expertise in the defence of litigation arising from large-scale corporate collapses (and associated regulatory investigations and proceedings) and in shareholder disputes. Jane also provides advice to individuals, companies, and their boards, on a wide range of commercial matters, including pre-litigation advice, regulatory compliance, insurance policy and contract interpretation, board risk and liability, pre-publication and defamation.
Jane has an excellent reputation with her clients and a proven track record in complex and technical matters. She is one of the few litigators accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as a specialist in commercial litigation and chairs the LIV’s Commercial Litigation Specialist Advisory Committee. Jane is listed in Best Lawyers Australia for Class Action Litigation.
Qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws | The University of Melbourne | 1997
- Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation | Law Institute of Victoria | 2006
- Chair, Law Institute of Victoria Commercial Litigation Specialist Advisory Committee since 2018
- Member, Australian Professional Indemnity Group