- Acting for a Water Authority in relation to a multi-defendant Supreme Court common law worker claim and related statutory recovery proceeding with a combined potential of over $1 million. A ‘withdraw bear own’ result was obtained for the client in both proceedings.
- Acting for a joint venture party in a high quantum worker’s claim and related recovery claim. The joint venture involved complicated contractual obligations between the parties. Early resolution of the claim shortly after discovery was achieved, before parties incurred further substantial costs in attending mediation and preparing for trial.
- Acting for a large security company in a high profile claim involving an asylum seeker.
- Acting for a cleaning company in multiple matters involving injured patrons at shopping centres.
- Acting for a regional Victorian tertiary institution in a claim brought by an injured student.
- Acting for and advising various national department store and supermarket chains in relation to public liability claims.
Emily is a Special Counsel in Kennedys’ Melbourne office with extensive experience in the areas of workplace accidents, statutory recoveries and public liability. She represents leading Australian and international insurers and acts on behalf of cleaning companies, schools, hospitals, manufacturers, host employers and occupiers.
As well as acting for employers in common law and statutory benefits claims while working for Victorian Workcover Authority panel firms, Emily has also represented the Victorian Workcover Authority and the Transport Accident Commission in statutory recovery claims.
Admitted to practice in 2012 in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia, Emily has also completed a secondment in the in-house team of a large gas and electricity provider. Before joining Kennedys, Emily worked at another leading insurance law firm.
- Member of Law Society of Victoria
- Member of Women in Insurance
- Member of Young Insurance Professionals Australia & New Zealand
- Member of Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA)