- Defending a high value catastrophic personal injury claim involving a minor arising out of a horse riding accident.
- Defending a publican owner against a complex public liability claim relating to a catastrophic brain injury suffered by a patron.
- Defending multiple historical sexual abuse claims involving complex and sensitive evidence and multifaceted quantum analysis.
- Effectively pursuing a contractual indemnity against a co-defendant in a personal injury claim involving complex dual insurance issues.
- Defending a complex multi-million-dollar construction claim brought in the Supreme Court of Queensland against a principal contractor relating to a fire at multi-level apartment complex known as "Cathedral Place" in Fortitude Valley.
- Successfully recovering a substantial figure in a multi-million dollar recovery claim relating to a complex tele-chute incident on site.
- Successfully achieving a pre-litigated resolution to a complex product liability relating to significant window defects on behalf of a large self-insured manufacturer.
- Assisting in the defence of a class action brought against a tree lopping company relating to the Black Saturday Bush fires.
Edwina is a Special Counsel in our Melbourne office with extensive experience in commercial insurance litigation matters and insurance law.
Edwina has practised exclusively in insurance litigation since her admission to the Supreme Court of Victoria in 2011.
Edwina has advised and represented local and overseas insurers and insured clients across a wide range of matters including public liability, catastrophic injury, historical sexual abuse and product liability claims. Edwina also has experience in complex recovery claims, construction matters and class actions, including the Black Saturday and St Patrick's Day bushfires litigation.
Edwina is a member of Women in Insurance and the Law Society of Victoria.
Qualifications and memberships
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice | Bond University | 2010
- Juris Doctor (Honours) | Bond University | 2009
- Bachelor of Arts (Criminology and Politics) | Monash University | 2007
- Member of Women in Insurance
- Member of the Law Society of Victoria
- Supreme Court of Victoria | 2011