• Participated on mayor cases notified under D&O policies, e.g. diesel emission related cases, Subprime crisis and Madoff related cases, car wash operation (“Lava Jato”) notifications, mayor environmental accidents and subsequent notifications under D&O policies, cartel allegations, criminal proceedings in Spain and bonds related issues.
• Advised on crime policies regarding employees infidelity, direct damages issues, FIC clauses.
• Involvement in Construction PI cases with mayor construction companies (SPPI and multiple notifications regarding different projects)
• Participated in the assessment of mayor claims notified under FI policies (BES insolvency, manipulation of exchange rates, criminal proceedings and exposure to bonds, Madoff & subprime crisis notifications, Cumex transactions).
• Participated in complex cyber cases, including major ransomware attacks such as LockerGoga.
Susana is Legal Director and Head of Financial lines and Cyber for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). She is currently based in Madrid and part of the Miami regional hub office for LAC’s team.
She qualified as a Spanish lawyer in 1995, and in 2002 she was accepted as Solicitor of the England and Wales Court.
She is a recognized lawyer for her expertise in financial lines cases. Her practice includes advice, coverage dispute and defence work in complex matter across multiple jurisdictions within EMEA and Latin America for leading insurers and reinsurers as well as insurance and reinsurance intermediaries, with a particular focus in financial lines. This includes advice and litigation in respect of all types of financial lines products and claims, i.e. professional liability, Directors and Officers Liability insurance, Employment practice insurance, Crime, Financial institutions' insurance, including Bankers Professional Liability (BPL) and Bankers Blanket Bonds (BBB), PI construction, Surety and Credit insurance and Cyber.
Susana has also advised insurance and reinsurance companies on corporate and regulatory matters as well as insurance policy wording drafting, including localization to market according to legal framework and best local practices.
She is bilingual in Spanish, English and French.