- Advising a leading accounting firm on regulatory and legal requirements and implications concerning its handling and management of audit documentation.
- Advising a leading accounting firm in relation to request for documents and information from liquidators.
- Acting for an asset management company in a civil action concerning alleged mis-selling and unauthorised trading brought by its former clients and related investigation by the Securities and Futures Commission.
- Representing an insurer in an appeal against disciplinary action taken against it by the Insurance Authority concerning misappropriation by its former agents and related global settlement negotiations.
- Acting for a former executive director of a company previously listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in a disciplinary action commenced by the Hong Kong Stock Exchange concerning deficiencies in the company’s internal control measures.
- Representing an Australian listed oil and gas exploration company and an English company specialising in computer aided design and manufacturing in cyber fraud recovery actions.
- Advising an Asian bank on a potential dispute concerning an alleged unauthorised trading complaint lodged by its corporate client.
- Representing financial institutions on complex commercial disputes, debt claims and Mareva injunction proceedings in the High Court of Hong Kong.
Stephanie Cheung is an Associate in Kennedys Commercial Disputes and Regulatory Team in Hong Kong. Qualified in Hong Kong, her practice includes a range of commercial litigation, alternate dispute resolution including arbitration and mediation, regulatory as well as general commercial and corporate matters.