- Representing a shareholder in a highly contentious shareholders’ dispute in respect of a USD3B+ Japanese gaming business listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange which involved successful injunctive relief applications and judicial review proceedings in HK as well as parallel proceedings in Tokyo
- Representing a group of distressed debt investors in defending separate legal proceedings brought by two top-tier investment banks in respect of a USD500M+ syndicated loan which involved parallel proceedings in multiple jurisdictions including HK, PRC, BVI and Cayman Islands; obtained favourable judgment concerning the construction of the underlying finance documents and subsequently achieved settlement for clients
- Representing a 2nd mortgagee in a highly contentious dispute against the 1st mortgagee and receivers in relation to loans secured by office premises worth over HKD2B; the dispute involved issues such as duties owed by the 1st mortgagee and receivers to the 2nd mortgagee, the scope of the obligations secured under the 1st mortgages and the doctrine of marshalling
- Representing independent non-executive directors in an independent investigation and also regulatory enquiries in relation to certain transactions entered into by the subsidiary of a SEHK listed company
- Advising various insurers regarding issues of coverage, subrogation, application of excess and double insurance etc. under a broad range of insurance policies
Stan is a commercial litigator who qualified in Hong Kong in 2013. He has represented clients in a broad range of highly complex and contentious matters including financial services and regulatory matters, shareholders’ disputes, boardroom disputes, banking and finance disputes and insolvency-related disputes, many of which are multi-jurisdictional in nature. Stan is fluent in English, Cantonese and Putonghua.