- Assisting with advising insurers on insurance coverage cases against directors, companies and individuals
- Assisting with advising insurers on bankruptcy and debt recovery matters against its former agents
- Assisting with advising insurers on competition law and related matters
- Assisting with advising banks, listed corporations and licensed persons on investigations by Securities and Futures Commission and other regulatory bodies
- General commercial litigation
Nigel Chan qualified in Hong Kong in 2017 and his core practice areas include commercial litigation, bankruptcy, regulatory, insurance and reinsurance, competition and antitrust law as well as general commercial and corporate matters. He is also one of the joint authors of the Securities & Futures Ordinance (Cap. 571) – Commentary and annotations – 2019 versions, published by Sweet & Maxwell. Nigel is fluent in English, Cantonese and Putonghua.