- Several extended secondments to EC claims departments of different multinational insurers
- Acting for insurers on a wide range of claims including personal injury, property damage, motor, public liability, building management and contractors’ all risk with strong experience in handling catastrophic injury claims
- Advising on policy wording and disputes, double insurance issues, contribution and contractual indemnity claims, terms and conditions in context of employees compensation and public liability claims
- Advising on large volume of claims for major EC insurer of infrastructure projects, including limb amputation and fatal cases, off-site work cases and suspicious claims in construction-related accidents
- Advising on tetraplegic injury claim caused by road traffic accident
- Advising public liability insurer on claim involving Claimant in vegetative state after inhaling noxious smell
- Advising on numerous slip and fall claims in shopping malls involving double insurance, contribution and contractual indemnity issues
Melanie is Of Counsel in our Casualty and Liability team. She was educated in Canada and Hong Kong and qualified here in 2011. She has a wealth of experience in all types of personal injury, employees’ compensation, public liability, motor and casualty claims. In addition, she has invaluable secondment experience with several different insurers’ EC claims teams. Her most recent secondment extended over 7 months where she was managing a vast portfolio of EC claims. Melanie is fluent in English, Cantonese and Putonghua.