- Advising on numerous construction EC claims involving multiple policies, double insurance and contribution issues
- Handling wide variety of injury claims including amputee and catastrophic cases
- Advising on motor claim involving tetraplegic claimant
- Advising on a matter involving inhalation of noxious substance causing persistent vegetative state
- Successfully striking out employees’ compensation claim relating to illness or accident
Melanie is Of Counsel in the Casualty and Liability team in Hong Kong. She qualified in Hong Kong in 2011 after receiving her education in Canada and Hong Kong. Melanie has been with Kennedys since 2014 after 3 years’ experience at a local Hong Kong firm specialising in personal injuries practice and a major international firm.
Melanie has a wealth of experience in all types of personal injury, employees’ compensation, public liability, motor and casualty claims and insurance disputes. She acts for insurers and reinsurers and their insureds comprising of multinational corporations, listed companies and some of the largest employers and property managers in Hong Kong. These include volume injury claims as well as those involving serious injuries including paraplegia, tetraplegia, persistent vegetative state, amputees. She also regularly advises on complex insurance disputes, such as those involving multiple insurance policies.
In addition, Melanie has invaluable secondment experience with several different insurers’ employees’ compensation claims teams. Her most recent secondment extended over 7 months where she was managing a vast portfolio of EC claims.