- Defending claims against a wide range of professionals including solicitors, architects and surveyors and advising insurers on numerous professional indemnity claims.
- Secondment to Liberty Speciality Markets (2015) acting as a claims adjuster and provide legal support in the professional indemnity claims team.
- Handling a broad range of financial lines claims (in a defence and coverage capacity). Highlights include:
- Acting for insurers in two coverage disputes involving large-scale Cayman and US litigation – obtaining successful outcomes at arbitration in both;
- Mediating a PPI mis-selling coverage dispute involving PPI policies (sold alongside credit cards issued by a household name retailer); and
- Advising on defence / coverage in respect of losses suffered by a start-up e-bank as a result of fraudsters exploiting a programming defect.
- Acting for insurers as monitoring and coverage counsel in relation to numerous high-value commercial claims in the US, including securities class actions and derivative actions.
Cassie is an Of Counsel in Kennedys Financial Lines Team in Hong Kong. She qualified in England and Wales (2014) and Hong Kong (2020).
Having completed her training contract with Kennedys in the London office, Cassie gained 5 years’ experience specialising in professional indemnity and financial lines matters, before joining the Hong Kong office in April 2018.
Cassie acts for insurers in complex, large loss coverage disputes and has experience in all types of dispute resolution including negotiations, mediations, arbitrations and litigation.