- Experienced in dealing with a broad range of financial lines claims (in a defence and coverage capacity). Highlights include:
- Mediating a multimillion pound PPI mis-selling coverage dispute involving poor value PPI policies (sold alongside credit cards issued by a household name retailer);
- Advising on defence/coverage in respect of losses suffered by a start-up e-bank as a result of fraudsters exploiting a programming defect
- Experienced in dealing with professional indemnity matters spanning a wide range of professions including solicitors, architects and surveyors
- Experienced as acting as monitoring and coverage counsel in significant cases in litigation in the US (including class actions) and a high-value D&O matter in litigation in Australia
Cassie Raman is a Senior Associate of Kennedys Hong Kong office. She qualified in Hong Kong in 2020 and was qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2014, having completed her training contract with Kennedys’ London office. Cassie gained 5 years’ experience in the London office, specialising in professional indemnity and financial lines matters, before joining the Hong Kong office in April 2018.
In 2015, Cassie was seconded to Liberty Speciality Markets to act as a claims adjuster and provide legal support in the professional indemnity claims team. Cassie reviewed first notifications in conjunction with US/worldwide policy wordings, made initial assessments regarding coverage, liability and quantum, drafted potential large loss reports, and liaised regularly with brokers, underwriters and loss adjusters.
Cassie acts as both a contentious and coverage lawyer and has experience of all facets of dispute resolution including negotiations, mediations and litigation. Since joining the Hong Kong office Cassie has gained strong exposure to the Hong Kong insurance market, assisting with a large and varied portfolio of cases in the financial lines team. Cassie is also a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).