- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Insurance Law by ALM and Martindale Hubbell
- 2022 Florida Trend recognized Legal Elite in insurance
- US District Court, Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- US Court of Appeals, Fourth and Eleventh Circuits
- University of Miami, JD, 1984
- University of Florida, BA 1978
Robert “Scott” Newman is a Partner in the Miami office. Scott has extensive experience in the area of insurance coverage and the representation of primary, umbrella and excess carriers in matters involving high exposure. He is frequently asked to lecture in seminars throughout the country for members of the insurance industry on matters covering a wide range of topics involving insurance coverage and bad faith arising from issues involving medical malpractice, high net worth insureds, Uninsured/Underinsured claims, Covid-19, construction defects, police brutality and transportation issues. The scope and breadth of his experience in these and other types of claims involving high exposure with multiple layers of coverage, multiple towers, and even disputes involving the priority of coverage between insurers for an insured with competing policies governed by the common law versus policies governed by civil code laws of foreign countries, has given Scott a wealth of experience in the evolution of his knowledge of insurance coverage.