- Representing a structural engineer in respect of a €15m Commercial Court case taken by the Department of Education relating to defects at a school. This case acted a test case in circumstances where the contractor constructed over 40 other schools for the Department of Education which were allegedly defective.
- Advising an international insurer on coverage issues arising from a cyber-attack on a public limited company which resulted in losses of approximately €110m.
- Advising an international insurer in relation to all of its COVID-19 business interruption claims in Ireland.
- Advising Life and Income Protection insurers on coverage issues in respect of Life, Income Protection and Mortgage Protection policies.
- Advising reinsurers in respect of reinsurance coverage issues arising from a cedent’s reinsurance claim to recover indemnity payments paid to policyholders who had suffered business interruption losses caused by COVID-19.
Mark is a Legal Director in the Insurance team in Kennedys Dublin. He qualified as a solicitor in Ireland in 2015 and later qualified to practice as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2018. Before joining Kennedys in August 2018, Mark worked as a commercial litigation and insurance disputes solicitor in the litigation department of a “Top 5” Irish law firm.
Mark is a commercial litigator and specialises in insurance disputes. Mark advises companies in relation to disputes litigated in the Commercial Court, High Court and Circuit Court.
Mark has a broad range of insurance experience having worked for most of the leading domestic insurers and many leading UK insurers. In this regard, Mark has worked on a number of complex coverage claims including reinsurance and excess layer coverage disputes.
In addition, Mark advises insurance companies on policy wording interpretation and coverage disputes, D&O claims, PPI claims, professional indemnity claims, property damage claims including business interruption claims and subrogation claims, as well as defending insureds, including financial institutions, directors and professionals, in proceedings brought by third parties.
Mark holds a diploma in Insurance Law from the Law Society of Ireland and is a member of Forum of Insurance Lawyers Ireland.
- Qualified in Ireland in 2015
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2018