- Assisting in advising insurers in respect of coverage under Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Policy held by significant media organisation regarding a claims by former director and Chairman, and current directors, to the Policy in respect of several significant regulatory investigations;
- Advising insurers on notification and waiver issues in respect of two claims against a high profile firm of stockbrokers;
- Assisting in providing coverage and monitoring advice to warranty & indemnity insurers in respect of a £5 million claim in the English Commercial Court concerning alleged breaches of a tax covenant under a share purchase agreement;
- Assisting in providing coverage advice regarding the potential triggering of a prior claims exclusion in respect of a claim involving a derivative action by a minority shareholder under a directors’ and officers’ liability policy;
- Assisting in defending an insured architect against a €6 million claim for remedial works and economic loss in respect of a mixed use development in the West of Ireland; and
- Assisting in providing coverage advice in respect of a claim to an Environmental Impairment Liability Policy regarding the accidental spillage of 50,000 litres of unpasteurised milk at a dairy in Ireland.
Catherine is a Senior Associate in the Insurance team in Kennedys’ Dublin.
Catherine specialises in advising insurer clients in respect of coverage and monitoring of claims involving directors’ and officers’ liability, financial institutions and professional indemnity policies. Catherine also has significant experience in managing and defending professional indemnity and financial lines claims. More recently, Catherine has assisted in advising in respect of coverage and litigation strategy in respect of several Environmental Impairment Liability policies.
Catherine also has experience in advising insurers on policy wording in respect of the Irish jurisdiction.
Catherine is a member of the Complaints and Client Relations Committee of the Law Society of Ireland. She holds diplomas in Commercial Property, Civil Litigation and Professional Regulation, and is also a CEDR accredited mediator.