- Advising an EPC Contractor on issues related to the development, construction and operation of a water desalination plant.
- Representing a Main Contractor in an ICC arbitration against a subcontractor in relation to quantum and delay claims arising from the construction of pipelines.
- Representing a Main Contractor in a DIFC-LCIA arbitration against an employer in relation to civil works arising from the performance of an LNTP agreement.
Khalil Mechantaf is a Senior Associate in our Dubai office. He is dual-qualified in Lebanon and England and Wales. Khalil has a PhD in Law and is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Khalil has over ten years of experience in dispute resolution and international arbitration. His practice focuses on commercial, construction and energy disputes. He regularly acts as counsel in arbitrations under the ICC, DIAC, LCIA, DIFC-LCIA, SIAC, ADCCAC and UNCITRAL regimes. He has acted for both developers and contractors, specifically in the infrastructure, power, water and pipelines related disputes in EMEA region.
Khalil has significant publications on arbitration related matters. is a member of the SCL (UK).
- Qualified in Lebanon in 2009
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2017