- Lead trial counsel for several insurers in mutli-million dollar insurance coverage dispute pending in Los Angeles, California involving asbestos-related liability claims.
- Lead trial counsel for London Insurers in $100 million insurance dispute pending in Beaumont, Texas involving breast implant claims.
- Successfully defended the estate of corporate pilot in aviation accident involving the deaths of several high level corporate executives.
- Successfully defended the estate of a student pilot in a high profile mid-air collision involving the death of Chicago’s number one radio personality at the time.
- Successfully defended Lloyd’s of London in a Federal trial involving a million dollar coverage claim for a building collapse.
- US District Court, Central and Southern Districts of California
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- University of San Diego School of Law, JD, 1990
- University of Illinois, BS, 1985
Matt is a Partner in the Chicago office. Since joining the firm in 2013, Matt has brought clients the knowledge and insights of his significant trial experience, which includes more than a dozen cases tried to verdict.
He has been successfully representing insurers as well as the insured in a variety of litigation matters for over 25 years, and today focuses primarily on aviation, insurance coverage, appellate practice, commercial disputes, professional liability and insurance defense matters. His practice falls into two distinct legal areas -- representing insurers in a variety of coverage matters, and representing aviation insurers, airlines, airports and aviation-related manufacturers in claims involving general aviation, airline and airport liability issues. He has also defended insurers and product manufacturers in a variety of nationwide class actions.
Before joining Kennedys, Matt’s practice focused almost exclusively on handling coverage matters for London and European based insurers. Among the more notable was a month-long trial in Beaumont, Texas involving a $100 million coverage dispute related to breast implant liabilities.
Matt earned his law degree from the University of San Diego in 1990 after receiving his undergraduate degree from the University of Illinois.