- Defending clinical negligence claims including catastrophic claims on behalf of the Hong Kong Hospital Authority, Medical Protection, medical malpractice insurers and private hospitals
- Advising and representing doctors in disciplinary proceedings before regulatory bodies, including Medical Council of Hong Kong and Chinese Medicine Council of Hong Kong
- Advising doctors, private clinics, private hospitals and insurers on a range of healthcare matters including complaints handling, criminal investigations and proceedings, Coroner’s inquests, risks management issues and breach of data privacy
- Delivering training and seminars to clients, medical practitioners and medical students
Vicky is a Senior Associate in Kennedys’ Chelmsford office. She completed her training contract with Kennedys and was promoted to Senior Associate in 2015.
Vicky has experience of advising public sector clients in the defence of public liability (PL) and employers’ liability (EL) claims. Vicky also deals with historic sexual abuse and neglect claims. She has a specialist focus on claims made against the Ministry of Defence (MOD) including many for cold injuries with psychiatric damage and/or chronic pain occasioned by those cold injuries. She has also represented the UK Borders Agency, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and HM Prison Service on PL and EL claims.
Vicky is an author of Kennedys’ Claims Handling Law and Practice Guide, the fourth edition of which was published in February 2021.
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2010