- Secured a settlement inclusive of costs of £115,000 against a claim pleaded in excess of £500,000 for damages alone.
- Managed a claim in which the claimant accepted the defendant’s Part 36 offer of £100,000 eight months after the time period for acceptance without penalty had expired. Robust medical evidence alongside surveillance footage both served upon the claimant raised significant concerns about the claimant’s credibility. The claimant had valued her claim at circa. £200,000 net of CRU benefits.
- Successfully applied to strike out a claim in which liability had previously been admitted on the basis that the claimant and/or their solicitor has abused the Pre-Action Protocol. Claim was initially reserved at £70,000 plus costs.
- Following the service of favourable medical evidence which suggested that not all of the claimant’s ongoing symptoms were accident related, Rhumer secured a settlement at £80,000 on a claim that was originally pleaded in excess of £260,000.
Rhumer is a Senior Associate in Kennedys’ Chelmsford office. She joined Kennedys in 2012 and qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2017, having completed her training contract with the firm.
Rhumer acts for a wide range of insurers, third party administrators, local authorities, brokers and corporate organisations in relation to motor and casualty claims. She deals with all aspects of large loss and catastrophic injury claims and regularly advises her clients on liability disputes, complex quantum issues, technical indemnity and coverage disputes and fatal accident claims.
Rhumer has an excellent rapport with her clients and frequently receives direct instructions from insurers, brokers and claims handling agents. She provides clear and concise advice and applies a pragmatic, commercial approach to resolve disputes early.
Rhumer frequently delivers training to clients and has contributed to Kennedys’ personal injury publications.
Rhumer is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2017