- Represented a major local product distribution corporation in an agency/distribution contract dispute against Bavaria S.A. worth USD $1.500.000.
- Provided legal advice and represented Lloyd´s reinsurers and local insurers in aviation matters related with civil liability, personal accidents and hull coverage.
- Advised reinsurers of a Latin American air carrier in one of the highest profiled aircraft accident cases in recent years (Chapecoense accident).
- Representing aircraft sellers and MROs in major warranty engine malfunction claims.
- Represented a major air carrier in an airport infrastructure claim worth USD $250.000 for the malfunction of the runway’s lighting.
- Represented two of Latin Americas major air carriers in a fuel contamination related claim worth USD $1.000.000.
Sebastian is an associate from our Bogota office, who specializes in litigation and dispute resolution. Before joining Kennedys he worked at a local firm leading complex claims on his areas of expertise.
He has experience representing insurers, re insurers, air carriers, foreign companies and public entities on complex and high-value claims related to aviation liability issues, torts and general liability, administrative and commercial disputes, construction and infrastructure cases and consumer law issues. He has successfully handed litigation before high courts, arbitration tribunals and regulation entities.
Sebastian holds a masters’ degree in Tort Law from the University of Girona (Spain) and diplomas on Insurance Law and Aviation Law from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana.
He is a lecturer in Tort Law, Evidence Law and Aviation Law in both undergraduate and postgraduate programs for important local programs, law schools and frequently writes research papers on his areas of expertise. He is also member of the Colombian Institute of Civil Liability.