- Instructed to act for a surveyor in the defence of a multimillion claim following an alleged breach of contract between the surveyor and a managing agent.
- Advised on several group consumer rights actions against a UK holiday operator for damages following an alleged breach of contract and unfair terms under the Consumer Rights Act which exposed the client to a £5m+ risk. All claims dismissed at Court or successfully repudiated.
- Regularly instructed to act for large architectural practices and sole practitioners in high value, complex commercial and smaller residential development disputes. This has included representation at the pre-action stage, in multi-party litigation and adjudications.
- Successfully secured a third party costs order against a non-party to a litigation where the claimant benefited from qualified one-way costs shifting.
- Defended a top-40 UK solicitors practice in a claim concerning alleged negligent advice and a loss of chance claim.
- Instructed to represent an accountancy firm in the defence of a claim following advice surrounding the merger of two legal practices.
- Defended various property and construction claims arising from flooding, fire safety risks and defective building materials, including cladding.
- Regularly instructed by Insurers on coverage issues, including late notification, non-disclosure and fraudulent claims.
Scott is an Associate in our Birmingham office and is part of our professional liability team.
Scott is regularly instructed to advise clients on various commercial and construction disputes, as well as in the defence of professional liability claims against solicitors, accountants, financial service providers, construction firms/professionals and brokers.
He brings experience of all of forms of dispute resolution including adjudication, arbitration and mediation, as well as dealing with litigious matters in the High Court. Scott is also regularly instructed on matters before the financial and legal ombudsman.