- Successfully defended a gynaecologist at trial concerning alleged negligent hysteroscopy
- Successful defence of an ENT surgeon at trial in case involving functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS), including allegations of failing to obtain informed consent
- Successfully defended a plastic surgeon at trial relating to alleged negligent rhinoplasty leading to asymmetry and breathing difficulties
- Successful defence of a GP at trial following allegations of a delayed diagnosis of cauda equina syndrome (CES) leading to permanent neurological injuries
- Acting as a gatekeeper for NHS Resolution under the existing liability scheme for general practice (ELSGP) following the introduction of stated backed indemnity for general practice
Sarah is a senior associate based in Kennedys’ Sheffield office. She qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2008 and has specialised in defendant healthcare work for the entirety of her career.
Sarah represents NHS Resolution, general practitioners (GP’s) and NHS trusts in relation to clinical negligence claims.
She deals with a broad range of clinical negligence claims, pre-dominantly high value cases involving neurological injuries in adults and children.
Sarah spent six years working in Kennedys’ London office representing NHS Resolution and Medical Protection Society members. This was followed by a two year period working in-house for the Medical Protection Society, where she worked in the high value and complex claims team.
She re-joined Kennedys’ Birmingham office in 2019. In 2020 she re-located to assist with the development of a healthcare team in Sheffield. Sarah supervises trainee solicitors and legal assistants.
Sarah is particularly experienced in representing GP’s and is a key member of the Kennedys team handling GP claims. Sarah has delivered training to clients and colleagues in respect of claims in general practice and acted as a gatekeeper for NHS Resolution.
She is often instructed in high profile and sensitive claims and prides herself on the support offered to clinicians facing such cases.
Sarah is a member of the corporate social responsibility (CSR) action group within Kennedys’ Sheffield office. She volunteers with Bookmark, providing reading support to 5-7 year olds at local schools.
She is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).