- Represented primary and excess insurers in coverage litigation involving the largest Superfund site in New Jersey (a clean-up assessed by the EPA to cost over $1.6 billion)
- Represented high excess insurer in a complex multi-party coverage litigation arising out of asbestos bodily injury claims under a $1.85 billion insurance program
- Served as monitoring counsel for European insurer with respect to coverage issues involving U.S. and Canadian class actions arising out of allegedly defective roofing shingles
- Served as monitoring counsel for multinational reinsurer with respect to a claim for insurance coverage in one of the largest settlements against a U.S. Bank concerning its subprime mortgages and lending practices
- Provided onsite claims handling of catastrophic claims for Bermuda excess insurer
- New Jersey
- US District Court, New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law, JD
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, BA
Maida is an Associate in the Basking Ridge office and concentrates her practice in insurance coverage litigation and counseling. For the past fifteen years, she has represented domestic and international insurers in non-litigated and litigated matters in both state and federal courts on a wide range of insurance coverage issues, with an emphasis on disputes arising out of environmental liability, toxic tort exposure, product liability, construction defect and professional liability claims. Maida’s practice also includes the counseling and representation of corporate clients, and domestic and international insurers on bad faith exposures, risk management, claims handling and general business matters.
Maida comes to Kennedys as a seasoned civil litigator with extensive experience in both New Jersey state and federal court practice. In addition, she is experienced in all aspects of e-discovery including the design and implementation of collection and production protocols for paper and electronic discovery, negotiating scope of work agreements with Electronically-Stored Information (ESI) vendors and counseling clients on the preparation and design of document-retention policies and implementation of litigation holds.
Maida is a graduate from Rutgers University where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology. While working-full time, she attended law school in the evenings and earned her Juris Doctorate degree from Seton Hall University School of Law. Maida is licensed to practice in New Jersey state and federal courts. She is also fluent in Spanish.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Maida worked on Wall Street for Morgan Stanley and in the pharmaceutical industry for Novartis Consumer Health, Inc. and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. Maida also lived in Barcelona, Spain where she spent three months in an intensive language program focused on Spanish for professionals. It is this blend of real-life business and legal experience that gives Maida a perspective and insight that her clients appreciate and value.