- Top Lawyers of New York as published in the National Law Journal
- Top Lawyers of New York as published in New York Magazine
- AV Peer Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- New York
- US Court of Appeals, Second and Fourth Circuits
- US District Court, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of New York
- Tulane University School of Law, LLM (with distinction), 1989
- Duquesne University School of Law, JD, 1988
- Heidelberg College, BA, 1984
John is a Partner in the Basking Ridge, New Jersey office and represents clients with matters relating to all types of transportation issues, including: marine casualties and wreck removals, transportation loss and damage (marine, air and surface), charter parties, maritime attachments, the drafting of bills of lading and service contracts, vessel financing and documentation, transportation regulation issues, such as FMC filings, international contracts, import and export, international trade, trade regulation, sanctions and international joint ventures. John also represents corporate clients with regard to formation, required filings, and general corporate counselling, contract and casualty matters.
Throughout his years of practice, he has represented virtually every category of transportation client – from maritime to surface to air – before federal and state courts and in arbitration proceedings before the Society of Maritime Arbitrators, the American Arbitration Association and the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services. He has also counselled clients with regard to trade compliance, sanctions and finance matters. In addition, John has worked closely with federal and state regulators.