- Successfully defending (as junior counsel) solicitors from allegations of fraud, dishonest assistance, breach of fiduciary duty and negligence in a nine-week High Court trial.
- Defending a manufacturer charged under the Resource Management Act 1991 for discharging paint into a stream.
- Defending a company charged under Health and Safety legislation for running over an employee with a 12 tonne excavator.
- In a disciplinary investigation, securing a minimal fine for a solicitor who had acted for both sides to a property transaction and “incurably tainted the transaction”.
- Obtaining a priority fixture in the High Court for property owners who had run out of funds to pay for remedial works midway and assisting the owners to achieve a successful settlement of their claim.
Geoff is a Senior Associate in Kennedys’ Auckland office where he advises on all types of professional indemnity and liability claims as well as general insurance issues.
Admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand in 2006, Geoff brings 12 years’ experience to his practice defending solicitors, real estate agents, engineers and construction industry professionals.
As a junior solicitor he assisted property owners in the Sunset Terraces, Grange and Spencer of Byron Developments claims which generated Supreme Court decisions on the boundaries of negligence liability in New Zealand.