Solicitors professional liability webinar - 2 November 2020
We are delighted to have held a webinar hosted alongside leading professional indemnity insurance brokers Griffiths & Armour which focused on the professional indemnity market for solicitors, causes of claims, how to successfully recover fees and a new claims trend concerning SDLT multiple dwelling relief.
Modern methods of construction - European review webinar - 3 November 2020
In this webinar, speakers from across our European network, including France, Germany, Ireland, Spain and the UK, covered insurance issues relating to modern methods of construction, including adoption of such methods, issues of off-site fabrication of structural elements and their incorporation in the works and policy response.
Securities class actions in North America webinar - 12 November 2020
We are delighted to have held our financial lines webinar, with guest speaker Eric Dolden - Dolden Wallace Folick LLP, where we focused on securities class actions in the US and Canada.
Our speakers explored the following topics:
- US election: game changer or status quo?
- Claims from current economic turbulence, including exposure from wave of IPO listings and bankruptcies
- Unsponsored ADRs, foreign issuers and related developments in US courts
- Legislative changes for class certification. Is the bar too low?
- Keep it in Canada or punt the securities class action to the US? The difficult questions Canadian domiciled companies face.
Autonomous vehicles webinar: A future with no one behind the wheel? - 18 November 2020
We are delighted to invite you to a webinar we are hosting next week in association with Perrin Conferences, where we will explore the future of autonomous vehicles and the potential impact on business.
Topics for discussion include:
• The road to automation: what is the vision?
• Who is winning the race to autonomous vehicles, why and how?
• Obstacles to the technology: what do consumers really think?
• Insurance coverage: the changing face of risk and insurance models.
• Challenges ahead: litigation, data and morality.
All change - developments in accountancy, audit and insolvency webinar - 19 November 2020
We are delighted to have hosted a webinar aimed at claims handlers and underwriters within insurers and also brokers and risk managers in accountancy firms.
In this webinar our speakers covered the following topics:
- Accountant's furlough related claims
- Recent cases and developments
- Pandemic insolvency - issues, challenges and changes
- Changes affecting auditors
The future of dispute resolution webinar series: an alternative perspective - 24 November 2020
Part one - a UK and US perspective on the future of arbitration and alternative dispute resolution
Part one of our series provided a UK and US perspective on the future of arbitration and alternative dispute resolution where:
- Michael Hogg discussed the pros and cons to insurers of virtual arbitrations and mediation.
- Katherine Proctor explored the future of international arbitration and whether COVID-19 will revolutionise it.
- Pamela Schultz and Jonathan Thames provided a US perspective on the future of dispute resolution including the state and federal court's approach, the COVID-19 impact and the pros and cons of virtual depositions.
- Joanna Manthorpe chaired interactive discussion with our speakers and welcome the opportunity for questions.
Women in business webinar - 26 November 2020
We are delighted to have hosted our virtual women in business event on Thursday 26 November 2020 where we we focused on diversity and inclusion.
The event saw our global managing partner and diversity champion, Suzanne Liversidge joined by our guest speaker - Rose St Louis, Insurance Director at KPMG LLP.