- Representing a fund administrator in a claim alleging dishonest assistance and breach of duty in relation to the apparent misappropriation by the investment manager of a $10 million investment
- Representing a law firm in a high value claim for professional negligence
- Representing an investor bringing a claim following the apparent loss of a multi-million dollar investment in a Bermudian deferred variable annuity life insurance policy
- Representing the Plaintiff in a claim for a non-contractual anti-suit injunction
- Representing an exempt international business company in an action against the Bermuda Monetary Authority
- Representing an insurer in a Bermuda Form arbitration concerning a coverage dispute with a major pharmaceutical company
- Representing various beneficiaries to three discretionary trusts in relation to a “momentous decision” application by the trustee
- Advising a professional services company on two sensitive regulatory matters
- Advising on directors’ duties as a matter of Bermuda law in the context of Hong Kong insolvency proceedings
- Advising a professional services company on its obligations under (and potential challenges to) a Production Order under the Tax Information Exchange Agreement between Bermuda and the UK
- Advising an insurer on the prospects of avoiding a directors & officers insurance policy for material non-disclosure and misrepresentation
- Advising on attorney/client privilege, potential conflicts of interest, and the availability of injunctive relief in respect of the same
- Acting as coverage and monitoring counsel for insurers in respect of various matters, including a high-value dispute between social media companies and UK recognition proceedings in respect of a solvent Bermudian winding-up
Laura is an Associate in Kennedys’ Bermuda office and a member of the commercial litigation team, handling matters involving financial services, insurance, professional negligence, insolvency and trusts.
Prior to joining Kennedys, Laura practised as a barrister in London for five years, during which time she gained extensive litigation experience, appearing before a wide range of UK courts and tribunals. Laura was regularly instructed as sole counsel at every stage from pre-action advice through to final determination at trial or on appeal, as well as acting as junior counsel alongside leading London Queen’s Counsel. She has been consistently praised by clients and judges alike for her outstanding advocacy skills, for which she has won various awards and prizes.