Our global regulatory defence team works across a broad array of investigations and enforcement action conducted by criminal and civil regulators.
We provide support to professionals and to corporate clients, their directors, managers and employees.
As well as unrivalled experience in helping our clients to deal with UK regulators such as the police, the Health and Safety Executive, the Environment Agency, local authorities and the Solicitors Regulation Authority, our lawyers handle investigations by a range of financial regulators worldwide, including:
- The UK Financial Conduct Authority (previously the Financial Services Authority)
- The UK Food Standards Agency
- The Office of Rail and Road
- The Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission
- The Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- The Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- The Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority
- The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- The Commissioner of Taxation and the Australian Crime Commission.
Alongside their work in the enforcement sphere, and informed by in-depth experience of it, our teams also provide insightful, practical advice on corporate governance, risk management and other areas which are key to our clients operating successfully in their respective regulated environments.
Specialist advice at every stage
We offer specialised, knowledgeable support and advice on a 24/7 basis. This can be particularly crucial in the early stages of a case when a company or individual's initial conduct and response can often have an important influence on the direction and ultimate outcome of a regulator's investigation.
COVID-19: what will it mean for the future of risk?
We have all experienced the inescapable wholesale changes to our lifestyles, working patterns and social interactions as a result of the global pandemic. Our latest report explores these behavioural changes and risks associated with people’s COVID-19 responses.Find out more