Real estate, projects and construction
With international expertise and broad experience across both contentious and non-contentious real estate and construction, we advise clients all over the world.
Our global real estate, planning, real estate litigation and construction teams are experienced in handling all types and stages of property transactions. We work across a wide range of sectors, including commercial and residential development, retail, leisure and hospitality, healthcare, urban and regeneration, infrastructure, transport and logistics, and insurance.
We offer our clients an integrated global team working seamlessly across borders, our global reach enables us to bring a market-wide commercial perspective to each individual project or transaction. As an internationally recognised leading insurance law firm, we use our deep understanding of the insurance industry to provide practical, business-focused advice and solutions to insurers and their insureds.
We work hard to understand our clients’ value drivers and goals so that we can help them solve complex problems, navigate complexities and get deals done efficiently and successfully. We are more than real estate and construction advisors to our clients, we are their collaborative business partners, anticipating trends and reacting with speed and certainty on their behalf.
Forward thinking and commercial in our approach, we handle the entire property life cycle.
- We offer expert advice on all aspects of planning, including assessment of development potential of target sites, negotiation of planning controls and agreements, judicial reviews, planning appeals, highways, drainage and compulsory purchase matters.
- Our experience covers an extensive range of development, from town centre regeneration, tall buildings, market and affordable housing, office and retail schemes and logistics hubs to later living opportunities.
- Our experienced team advise on corporate acquisitions, real estate financing and indirect real estate investments through minority shareholdings and joint ventures.
Construction and development
- We provide expert legal advice to clients procuring, supplying or funding any aspect of construction works and services, and the analysis of construction risk.
- Our experienced team draft and negotiate all forms of construction and engineering contracts.
- Our team comprises specialists in contentious and non-contentious construction law.
- In addition to high-quality legal advice, we provide strategic guidance to help clients identify, manage, prioritise and control issues while reducing exposure to potential risk.
- Our team deals with portfolios that are varied in terms of transactional and asset management requirements, and we work across the whole property marketplace.
- Our team has extensive experience in all aspects of property divestments. Whether clients are disposing of portfolios, dealing with single assets, corporate property portfolio divestment or mergers, we have the experience to add real value.
- Our market-leading litigators act across the full range of property related disputes throughout the full lifecycle. Our lawyers both prevent and resolve disputes by providing clients with practical legal advice that focuses on their strategic and commercial objectives. We find innovative solutions to the most challenging problems, wherever and whenever they occur.
Get in touch with a member of our team
Partner - London
+44 20 7667 9086
Regional Managing Partner for LATAM and Caribbean - Miami
+1 305 537 0065
Partner - Basking Ridge
+1 908 605 2930
Partner - Nasser Al Shamli, Advocates & Legal Consultants in association with Kennedys - Muscat
+968 2270 3651
Partner - Dubai
+971 4 350 3615
Partner - Singapore
+65 6436 4336
Partner - Copenhagen
+45 33 73 70 00