Persephone is a Partner in Kennedys Sydney office and an employment law specialist and litigator. Persephone specialises in advising and acting for clients in relation to the full spectrum of workplace issues arising in the employment lifecycle.
She represents public and private sector clients across an array of industry sectors including banking, aged care, education and professional services. Persephone’s practice includes regular appearances in superior courts, industrial training and the provision of strategic advice to directors, executives managers, insurers and HR business partners.
Persephone regularly advises on sensitive exit situations, the protection of confidential information and managing complex workforce change to name a few.
- Recommended Lawyer for 'Dispute Resolution: Litigation (Australia)'
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021
- Successfully obtained judgment for the plaintiffs in Elanor Operations Pty Ltd v Chief Commissioner of State Revenue  NSWSC 104, one of the only decisions in which a plaintiff has succeeded against the Commissioner of State Revenue in overturning a ‘de-grouping’ decision of the Commissioner of State Revenue under the Payroll Tax Act 2007 (NSW).
- Successfully obtained judgement for the respondent employers in a series of general protections proceedings in Federal Circuit and Family Court.
- Acted for a large commercial law firm in defeating an out of time Fair Work actions commenced by a former tax specialist lawyer.
- Successfully represented a client in proceedings concerning a referred question of law to the Fully Bench of the Industrial Relations Commission
- Assisting to successfully obtain orders for contempt of court involving destruction of evidence prior to the commencement of proceedings in Mirus Australia Pty Ltd v Gage  NSWSC 1046.