Pippa qualified in Sydney, Australia in 2014 and joined Kennedys Legal Solutions in June 2020. Pippa is an experienced insurance specialist across a range of product lines including Directors & Officers, Financial Institutions, Professional Indemnity and Cyber.
Pippa regularly provides policy coverage advice and acts as coverage counsel under instruction from insurers in the Southeast Asian, Australian and London markets. She acts as breach coach and privacy counsel following cyber incidents.
Pippa's experience includes disputes involving directors and officers of clubs, associations and societies, as well as professional negligence and workplace/industrial matters, both litigated and non-litigated. Pippa is experienced in international arbitrations as well as arbitrations administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre.
- Acting for insurers in relation to a large claim made by an international hotel chain for its loss of profits due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advising in relation to coverage in respect of multiple claims made the directors and officers of a bank following a large-scale fraud.
- Acting as cyber breach coach in relation to an international logistics company based in India in responding to a ransomware attack and the subsequent notification to regulators and data subjects.
- Acting as cyber breach coach for a manufacturing company in Singapore that suffered a ransomware attack, resulting in extensive damage to its systems.
- Acting as cyber breach coach for a large telecommunications company in Singapore, including notifications to the regulator and affected persons.
- Acting as legal counsel in relation to the Singapore arm of an accounting firm who suffered a business email compromise and possible access to the inbox of the HR manager.
- Acting as legal counsel for a US-listed company regarding their notification obligations to the Singapore regulator.
- Acting for a Singapore real estate listing company in relation to third party claims made in Australia by customers following a cyber incident.
- Providing an incident response function for an international carrier.
- Advising insurers in relation to policy response and indemnity for IT forensics costs incurred by an international marine surveying company in response to a cyber incident.