James is a Senior Associate based in Kennedys’ Singapore office. He qualified in Australia in 2015 and joined Kennedys Legal Solutions in June 2022.
James focuses on property, energy, construction and professional risks across the transport and infrastructure, engineering and construction, power generation and distribution, manufacturing and agriculture sectors.
James acts for local and overseas-based insurers in matters ranging from coverage disputes to the defence of litigated claims. He is also experienced in pursuing high-value subrogated recovery actions.
James has been involved in a number of notable matters prior to joining Kennedys Legal Solutions. Examples of his prior experience includes:
- Advising local and overseas insurers subscribing to a Contract Works and Material Damage Policy on several claims arising from the design and construction of a motorway scheme.
- Advising Contract Works insurers on various LNG coverage issues including alleged fatigue damage to LNG pipelines and paint defects. Considering in particular damage v defect debate and application of LEG exclusions.
- Advising overseas insurers on policy coverage issues arising from the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact of various government responses to arrest the spread of COVID-19.
- Acting for an insurer and its insured in a successful multi-million dollar recovery against a recycling plant for damage caused to the insured’s warehouse by a fire originating from the recycling plant.
- Acting for an insurer and its insured in a successful multi-million dollar recovery for damage caused to a high-end residential apartment complex in Queensland caused by dust from a neighbouring excavation settling on the insured.