Christopher is a dual-qualified Partner at Kennedys Legal Solutions. He qualified in England in 1994 (non-practising) and in Singapore in 1995.
Christopher advises clients on a wide spectrum of legal issues on both contentious and non-contentious matters. The range of matters includes commercial litigation, company law, landlord and tenant, property-related claims, contentious probate matters, arbitration and mediation, corporate advisory, transactions and compliance, and employment and immigration matters.
He speaks regularly at industry seminars and is a Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators and Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. He is also an accredited associate mediator with the Singapore Mediation Centre.
Christopher is a member of the Advisory Committee of a Government Secondary School and his key responsibilities include looking after the welfare and financial needs of students from low-income families.
- Advised a high net-worth client in his claim against one of Singapore’s largest local banks. Together with instructed counsel, he obtained judgment against the bank requiring them to reverse a wrongful debit entry of S$3,600,000.00 in the client’s account as a result of a forged withdrawal slip.
- Advised and acted for a major chain of construction material stores in Chile against a major South Korean conglomerate in an SIAC international arbitration over the sale of 2,020 metric tonnes of prime alu-zinc alloy coated steel sheets in coils for almost USD2 million. The claim was for USD780,000 in loss and damage arising out of manufacturing defects in the steel sheets.
- Advised and acted for a major software company headquartered in France in a contractual dispute with their local distributor in Singapore.
- Advised and represented both majority owners and dissenting minority owners in several real estate collective sale applications before the Strata Titles Board, and on appeal to the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Advised the management corporation and ad-hoc committee leading the effort to privatise one of Singapore’s oldest and largest HUDC residential estate.