- Rutgers Camden School of Law, JD, 2001
- Rutgers College, BA, 1994
Partner in the Philadelphia office, Liz has over 18 years of experience defending supermarkets, casinos, hospitals, hotels, restaurants, national retailers, contractors, property owners and insurance carriers. Her practice is focused on general litigation, premises liability, coverage litigation, products liability, construction accidents and construction defect and transportation litigation. In additional to traditional premises liability cases, Liz has represented casinos and restaurants in negligent security and liquor liability cases. She has also represented insurers in coverage litigation and declaratory judgment actions.
Liz provides guidance to her clients not just during litigation but is frequently called upon to provide advice to her clients before litigation commences. Experience in both defense and coverage provides Liz with a unique ability to counsel her clients regarding matters involving tenders of defense, additional insured status and contractual indemnification.
Throughout her career, Liz has tried cases to verdict, both jury and non-jury as well as handled appellate matters. She was named as one of Pennsylvania’s “Super Lawyers Rising Stars” in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Liz is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. She is fluent in Russian.
Qualifications and admissions
- New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern, Middle and Western District of Pennsylvania
- US Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
Presentations and publications
- Co-author, “Dram shop actions: The importance of knowing the jurisdiction’s rules on permitting common-law negligence claims,” published for Kennedys (March 2022)
- Co-author, “Retailers - fighting to stay profitable, fighting to stay safe?” published for Kennedys (February 2021)