Andrea is a partner at Kennedys, and leads the specialist liability team which is part of our Public Sector, abuse and specialist Liability team .
Andrea has been practising as a solicitor for more than 30 years. She specialises in the defence and risk management of complex and highly sensitive claims carrying a reputational risk for clients; abuse, failure to remove, data protection and Human Rights Act claims. She acts for a range of clients across the public, private and voluntary sectors, including health and social care, religious organisations and leisure providers.
Since 2020, Andrea has led a very experienced and successful team of lawyers who also handle additional challenging claims arising from a failure to provide adequate education, stress, harassment, defamation and the Equality Act. The team is noted for excellent client training and horizon scanning.
Andrea is a member of FOIL.
- The Legal 500 describes Andrea as a leading individual and notes that clients appreciate her "clear communication style" and that she is "very experienced and knowledgeable, always up to date with legal developments and able to provide a very detailed and sensitive service".
- Acted in a number of significant institutional multi -party abuse claims involving both adults and children in the public and private sectors.
- ABC v Durham https://kennedyslaw.com/media/2lblrait/ark-lloyd-square.jpg Middlesbrough Count Court. Successful defence of a historic abuse claim by a residential social worker on the basis of consent and limitation.
- Currently managing sensitive multi-party data breach claims against a local authority.
- Managing claims arising from sexual abuse by a notorious former football coach.
- Advising several private health and social care providers in a variety of complex common law and Human Rights Act claims, one of which is potentially of significant value.