- University of Connecticut School of Law, JD, 2018
- Brigham Young University, BA, 2012
Brienne Huntsman is an associate in the New York office and represents the interests of domestic and internationally based insurers in complex insurance coverage matters primarily in the area of cyber liability. Brienne also represents insurers in insurance coverage matters in the area of media liability, medical billings liability and directors and officers liability.
Brienne serves as coverage and monitoring counsel for cyber insurers and provides counsel to insurers regarding the drafting of policy wordings and addressing silent cyber issues. Brienne’s practice includes insurance coverage evaluations, claims adjustment, risk assessment and contract interpretation relating to first party claims, third party claims and regulatory investigations arising from ransomware and malware attacks, personal and private health information breaches, technology professional services, social engineering fraud, related notification obligations arising under state and federal law and business interruption loss arising from such events. Brienne’s practice also includes disputes arising from copyright infringement and advertising wrongful acts.
Brienne’s experience includes coverage opinions, representing insurers at mediations involving business interruption, bad faith, and cyber/privacy disputes, and monitoring and strategizing with defence counsel, breach counsel, forensics and associated investigators to assess and remediate compromised computer networks and to address legal obligations arising from cyber incidents.
Brienne is also a member of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society.
Qualifications and admissions
- New York
Presentations and publications
- Co-author, “Pennsylvania - Sectoral Privacy Overview,” published for OneTrust DataGuidance (August 2023)
- “The day after a cyberattack: An anatomy of benchmarks, procedures, and fallout,” In-House Client Training (November 2022)
- Co-author, “Notice and process of service via NFTs: A new frontier in tech and litigation?” published for Kennedys (July 2022)