- Member of Law Society of Victoria
- Member of Women in Insurance
- Member of Young Insurance Professionals Australia & New Zealand
- Member of Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA)
Emily is a Partner in Kennedys’ Melbourne office with extensive experience in the areas of common law worker claims, statutory recoveries, public liability and property damage claims. She represents leading Australian and international insurers and acts on behalf of cleaning companies, schools, hospitals, manufacturers, host employers and occupiers.
Emily’s previous experience includes acting for employers in common law and statutory benefits claims while working for Victorian Workcover Authority panel firms, as well as representing the Victorian Workcover Authority and the Transport Accident Commission in statutory recovery claims.
Before joining Kennedys, Emily worked at another leading insurance law firm.
- Recognised in the 2024 Edition of Best Lawyers Australia for 'Insurance Law'
- Acting for a Water Authority in relation to a multi-defendant Supreme Court common law worker claim and related statutory recovery proceeding with a combined potential of over $1 million. A ‘withdraw bear own’ result was obtained for the client in both proceedings.
- Acting for a joint venture party in a high quantum worker’s claim and related recovery claim. The joint venture involved complicated contractual obligations between the parties. Early resolution of the claim shortly after discovery was achieved, before parties incurred further substantial costs in attending mediation and preparing for trial.
- Acting for a large security company in a high profile claim involving an asylum seeker.
- Acting for a cleaning company in multiple matters involving injured patrons at shopping centres.
- Acting for a regional Victorian tertiary institution in a claim brought by an injured student.
- Acting for and advising various national department store and supermarket chains in relation to public liability claims.