Sarah is a senior associate based in Kennedys’ Manchester office. She qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2011 and since then has undertaken a wide variety of defendant commercial insurance work including employers liability, public liability and property damage claims. Sarah also has experience of dealing with first party claims where policy indemnity issues arise.
Sarah is a specialist in defending a broad spectrum of suspected fraudulent claims on behalf of insurers, local authorities and self-insured companies.
Sarah’s caseload encompasses high value multi track claims, including wholly fabricated accidents, injuries and damage, to those claims believed to be grossly exaggerated.
- Secured a finding of Fundamental Dishonesty at trial arising from a claim for personal injury arising from an alleged accident as a result of riding a bicycle over a pothole where metadata from photographs revealed that they had been taken prior to the alleged accident date;
- Dismissal of an injury claim at trial where tachograph and GPS tracking for the Claimant’s vehicle demonstrated that he could not have been in the accident location at the time alleged;
- Discontinuance of a PL claim following disclosure of intelligence evidence obtained to demonstrate that the Claimant and alleged independent witnesses were extensively connected and known to each other;
- Discontinuance of a PL claim arising from a genuine accident following disclosure of surveillance evidence demonstrating gross exaggeration of injuries in a claim pleaded in excess of £200,000;
- Dismissal of a minor’s PL claim at trial following inconsistencies in the litigation friend’s account of both the alleged accident circumstances and the special damages claim arising from an alleged injury sustained in a GP surgery.