Tim is a partner in our London office and has considerable experience of handling contentious insurance and reinsurance matters, especially those with an international element. He qualified in England and Wales in 2007.
His practice focuses on advising London market insurers on the coverage aspects of high value property, casualty and excess Liability claims involving major catastrophe losses. In this area, he also has experience of advising on policies written on the Bermuda Form.
He also advises insurers on the coverage aspects of high value cross border product liability/product recall claims, notably in the automotive sector, and has handled product recalls of buses, trucks, motorbikes, recreational boats and defective electrical metering devices, advising on a variety of UK and EU regulatory issues.
Tim advises London market insurers on political risk and trade credit claims, where he has experience in London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) proceedings concerning claims involving investments into or trade in Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region.
He is an experienced litigator in the English courts and has extensive experience of defending professional negligence claims against a range of professionals practising in the UK and offshore, including solicitors, valuers, surveyors, brokers and auditors.
Tim also has experience of drafting policy wordings.
Qualifications and admissions
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2007
- Recommended lawyer for 'Product liability: Defendant (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2021
- Recommended Lawyer for 'Professional negligence (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
- Advised London Market insurers on the coverage aspects of a worldwide product recall of trucks and buses with defective brake light systems and a worldwide product recall of motorbikes with defective suspension systems.
- Advised Bermuda Form insurers and reinsurers on the coverage aspects of pollution and product liability claims arising from mass tort litigation in the US.
- Defended Commercial Court proceedings against a large international law firm concerning advice provided on the financing aspects of a hotel acquisition.
- Defended a significant claim against an offshore firm of auditors concerning audits of various offshore funds.
- Defended numerous claims against firms of valuation surveyors concerning valuations of residential and commercial property in the UK and continental Europe.
- Advised political risk insurers in LCIA arbitration proceedings against an energy company concerning contract frustration as a result of government action in Indonesia.
- Drafted a suite of financial institutions insurance wordings for a London market insurer.