Kavan is a partner in Kennedys’ London office and is part of the international litigation and arbitration team.
Kavan specialises in complex commercial litigation and has a broad commercial practice. He has advised on a number of high profile cases involving a variety of multinational banks, funds and businesses.
Kavan devises strategy on high value commercial claims in relation to fraud, breach of contract, breach of reps and warranties in post M&A transactions, associated interlocutory applications, claims in defamation and obtaining injunctive relief such as freezing injunctions.
Kavan advises leading sport teams and athletes across a variety of different sporting disciplines including but not limited to football, Formula 1 and IndyCar. Kavan advises in relation to regulatory and disciplinary issues, dispute resolution, reputation management, commercial contracts and intellectual property related issues.
Kavan spent around five years at a leading American multinational law firm, in addition to time in-house as General Counsel, this experience gives Kavan a unique perspective to advise clients.
- Acting on the high profile FIFA corruption litigation where claims were brought following allegations that certain FIFA Executive Committee members had acted improperly.
- Advised a leading management consultancy on one of the largest team moves disputes. A complex and time-pressured instruction which involved an application for an expedited trial.
- Advised a hedge fund on a post M&A claim brought against the former directors of a company it acquired, where the directors had allegedly inflated the accounts to pre-acquisition.
- Obtaining freezing injunctions for various clients, in support of a claim they have, in circumstances where they have learnt that the other side is dissipating assets in order to make itself judgment proof.
- Advised a Middle-Eastern bank on multi-million dollar claim brought against it which went up to the Supreme Court.
- Advised a high-net worth individual on the commercial divorce from his joint venture partner which involved various high value artworks.