- South Texas College of Law, JD, 2007
- Texas A&M University, BA, 2004
Amanda Farley is a litigation attorney who focuses her practice on admiralty law, maritime personal injury, Jones Act, Longshore & Harbor Workers' Compensation Act, and civil defense litigation including wrongful death, general liability, and insurance claims.
During law school, Amanda participated as an advocate in the trial program and traveled across the country competing in mock trials. She was named to the Order of the Barristers, a national honor society for courtroom advocates. Upon graduation, she became an adjunct professor at South Texas College of Law teaching trial techniques to law students.
She is a member of the Houston Bar Association and the Houston Mariners Club.
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Mariners Club
Qualifications and admissions
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
Presentations and publications
- Co-author, “Fifth Circuit expands scope of Title VII protection,” published for Kennedys (September 2023)
- Co-author, “Navigating the differences in determining Jones Act and Longshore status for defending claims in maritime litigation,” published for Kennedys (January 2023)