Robert is a senior associate in Kennedys corporate, commercial and projects team based in Dubai, providing advice and support to clients throughout MENA region and beyond. During his career Robert has obtained a broad range of experience advising clients on various types of corporate and commercial transactions including mergers & acquisitions, corporate restructurings, real estate matters, IPOs, agency agreements, procurement contracts and the planning and development of major infrastructure projects.
Robert was admitted as a solicitor in Scotland in January 2012 and was admitted as a Solicitor in England & Wales in October 2017.
Robert qualified at the University of Dundee in 2009 with LLB – Scots Law and in 2010 with a Diploma in Legal Practice. Robert also qualified the Lawyers Transfer Scheme at Kaplan QLTS in 2017 and in 2020 he qualified from the University of Aberdeen with a Masters in International Trade Law.
- Rising star
- Advising on various PPP projects for roads, ports, schools and hospitals. Also advising on the development of Khazaen Economic City, Oman’s new integrated logistics and commercial city, a joint venture project between the Omani Government and private investors.
- Advising an international consortium on the development of a large Oil Refinery in the Republic of Iraq.
- Advising Barka Desalination Company SAOG in relation to their successful US$11 Million initial public offering on the Muscat Stock Exchange, and on a pre-IPO reorganisation of debt and capital.
- Advising Musandam Power Company SAOG in relation to their successful US$23 Million initial public offering on the Muscat Securities Market and acting as the company’s first Board Secretary post IPO.
- Advising Omantel SAOG on the US$575 Million disposal of its passive tower infrastructure, a complex transaction, presenting an exciting development in the evolution of Oman’s Telecommunications sector, further enhancing the sector’s growth.
- Advising an Omani state investment fund in connection with the commercialisation of market leading software which improves the efficiency of hydrocarbon extraction, originally developed for a state oil company, which was being commercialised to pursue greater business opportunities, in a market first transaction.
- Advising PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited on its US$622 million acquisition of Partex Oil & Gas (Holdings) Corporation, which owned substantial hydrocarbon assets in Oman.
- Acting as legal advisor for an international Oil and Gas Company during their bid to acquire an interest in the Khazzan Gas Field, Oman.
- Advising the United Kingdom Environment Agency on a major flood defence scheme.
- Negotiating and drafting agreements to facilitate the construction and operation of two international electricity inter-connectors between the United Kingdom, Norway and Belgium, valued at £500 Million and £1.4 Billion respectively.
- Assisting with the due diligence associated with the sale of a large Oil and Gas processing installation located on the East Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom.