Aron is a Senior Associate in the Insurance team in Brisbane.
He acts predominantly for international and national insurers, underwriters, Lloyd’s syndicates, and reinsurers in the areas of policy coverage, professional indemnity, financial lines, first- and third-party property damage, contract works, industrial special risk, and political risk and trade credit. His experience includes defending litigated and non-litigated claims in large-scale construction and professional services disputes. He also has experience in complex indemnity disputes, and has acted in coverage counsel and monitoring counsel roles.
Prior to joining Kennedys, Aron practised at prominent national and international insurance law firms acting in a range of professional indemnity, employment practices liability, defamation, ASIC investigation, and public liability matters.
- Defending professional negligence claims against construction professionals, engineers, architects, certifiers, accountants, auditors, insurance brokers, financial advisors, solicitors, real estate agents and valuers.
- Acting as coverage counsel for Underwriters on risk in relation to proceedings in the Queensland Supreme Court, the New South Wales Supreme Court, and the Federal Court of Australia.
- Assisting underwriters in relation to claims made for rectification costs, loss of profits and delay costs (caused by allegedly defective workmanship) and property damage sustained by wind farm turbines and cabling in Queensland and New South Wales.
- Acting on behalf of formwork engineers in relation a claim for damages sustained due to concrete slab deflection in a high rise development with losses claimed at AUD 21 million.
- Defending claims against directors of the responsible entity for registered managed investment schemes alleging the trading of securities outside investment mandate in breach of fiduciary duties under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- Acting on behalf of excess D&O insurers in relation to a shareholder class action alleging misleading representations and disclosure contraventions with losses claimed up to AUD 310 million.
- Conducting investigations and providing coverage advice to insurers in relation to claims involving theft, deliberate action or malicious damage.