Juan Pablo is a legal director in the Bogota office.
Juan Pablo specializes in Commercial and Financial Law, with particular emphasis in mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, commercial contracts, loan agreements, project finance and public law.
Juan Pablo is experienced in providing advice on matters related to mergers and acquisitions, infrastructure, corporate law, commercial law, financial law, public debt, administrative law, collateralization, and advises structuring projects such as insurance and regulatory matters.
Before joining Kennedys, Juan Pablo was the head of the legal affairs group of the Direction of Public Credit and National Treasury of the Ministry of Finance, providing advice to the Republic of Colombia and several public entities regarding public credit and equity operations amongst other projects.
- Part of the Republic of Colombia team negotiating the loan agreements for the Primera Línea the Metro of Bogotá with multilateral banks.
- Structuring the collateral in favour of the Republic of Colombia for several credit operations guaranteed by the Republic of Colombia.
- Negotiating on behalf of the Republic of Colombia the structuring and issuance of the 2018 Pacific Alliance Catastrophe Bond for Earthquake Risk in Latin America.
- Legal counsel to the Republic of Colombia in several capital markets transactions as well as in several credit and treasury operations.
- Legal counsel to the Republic of Colombia for the issuance of regulations regarding commercial and financial transactions of public entities, as well as for infrastructure matters.
- Legal counsel to insurance companies for Mergers and Acquisitions and joint ventures in Colombia.
- Member of the board of directors of two state-owned energy companies.