David is an Associate in Kennedys Bermuda office and a member of the commercial litigation and insurance teams, handling a broad range of contentious and coverage matters.
David has broad litigation and arbitration experience, but his practice has a particular focus on insurance coverage and litigation, professional liability disputes (covering most professions) and corporate disputes.
Prior to joining Kennedys, David practised for five years at a leading law firm in the United Kingdom, during which time he primarily acted in professional liability matters involving solicitors, barristers, patent attorneys, architects, project managers, surveyors and contractors as well as insurance policy coverage matters.
Qualifications and admissions
- Solicitor (England and Wales – non-practising) - 2016
- Registered Associate (Bermuda) - 2022
- Representing shareholder plaintiffs in the largest appraisal action to be brought in Bermuda to date.
- Representing a firm of patent attorneys in a professional liability claim for over $1 billion concerning an unsuccessful appeal against revocation of a patent.
- Representing a defendant law firm in a high value claim based upon allegedly negligent advice on credit documentation.